To run our business with strong financial discipline to deliver sustainable shareholder value.
Our aim is to deliver shareholder value through a combination of earnings growth, strong cash generation and balance sheet management, supplemented by value adding growth opportunities. We have a steadfast commitment to operating with strong financial discipline and a conservative view to risk. The strength of our balance sheet allows us to pursue opportunities, adding value to the Group and making attractive returns to shareholders.
We are committed to operating our business with strong financial discipline to deliver sustainable shareholder value. As a commercial organisation our aim is to generate value for our shareholders while delivering wider economic benefits. Our companies are significant contributors to the UK economy. More than a billion passenger journeys are made on our bus and train services every year, and we employ around 29,000 people.
Our achievements include:
- first company in the FTSE 350 to be awarded the Fair Tax Mark
- most effective communications of overall investment proposition (Investor Relations Society Awards)
- best use of digital communications (Investor Relations Society Awards)
- to run our business with strong financial discipline to deliver sustainable shareholder value
- to maintain consistent levels of passenger journey growth
- to achieve £100m of bus operating profit by 2015/16
- to deliver value from our rail franchises
- to maintain adequate dividend cover throughout the economic cycle
“The team at Go-Ahead showed real commitment to this exercise, adopted a new group tax policy that best reflected their current practice and revised the way they present tax data in their accounts to provide information that met the Fair Tax Mark criteria. This has put them way ahead of the pack, and we’re delighted to recognise that fact.” Fair Tax Mark