At a glance
Go-Ahead is one of the UK's leading public transport providers enabling more than a billion journeys each year on our bus and rail services.
At Go-Ahead we place great importance on partnership, adopting a collaborative approach with governments, local communities and strategic partners; developing and operating services that create long term value for all of us.
A world where every journey is taken care of describes our vision and our aspirations at the highest level. We believe that how we behave will benefit all our stakeholders and help us grow and build a business for the long term.
We have a clear and simple strategy: to protect and grow our core business; win new bus and rail contracts; and develop for future transport needs. The Go-Ahead strategy feeds into our vision and is underpinned by our beliefs and attitudes and helps us understand where we are going, why we are going there and what we have to do to get there.
Through this strategy, we aim to deliver an excellent service for our customers, returns for our shareholders and value for all Go-Ahead stakeholders.
To run our companies in a safe, socially and environmentally responsible manner.
To provide high quality, locally focused passenger transport services.
To be a leading employer in the transport sector.
To run our business with strong financial discipline to deliver sustainable shareholder value.
- 21% reduction in carbon emissions over three years
- First company in the FTSE 350 to receive the Fair Tax Mark
- Top performing passenger transport operator (95%) in Business in the Community Corporate Responsibility Index
- First transport company to receive the Carbon Trust triple accreditation
- 28,000 employees
- 11.3% employee turnover
- £21.1m spent on training in past year
- Over one billion passengers a year
- Around three million passengers a day
- 22% of UK rail market
- 23% of London bus market
- 11% of UK regional bus market
- 91% bus passenger satisfaction
- Total revenue £3,461.5m (2018)
- Total operating profit £135.9m (2018)
- Proposed dividend per share 102.08p (2018)