David Brown was appointed to the Board as Deputy Chief Executive on 1 April 2011, before his accession to the post of Group Chief Executive on 3 July 2011.
Role as Group Chief Executive:
- Responsible for communicating a shared purpose and the culture, vision, beliefs and attitudes of the Group
- Leading and managing the business within authorities delegated by the Board
- Responsible for executing strategy
- Overall responsibility for Group performance
Skills and experience:
- Over 35 years of experience in the industry with particular expertise in the London bus market
- Former Managing Director of Surface Transport at Transport for London
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the Group’s business, having been Chief Executive of Go-Ahead’s London bus business from 2003 to 2006 and advisor to the main Board.
Other directorships and appointments:
Director of Rail Delivery Group Limited
Director of ATOC Limited (Chairman of the remuneration committee)
Non-Executive Director of Renew Holdings plc.