To run our companies in a safe, socially and environmentally responsible manner.
We believe a sustainable public transport network is essential to the future of any society and as a leading provider of passenger transport services, sustainability is integral to the way we run our business. Ensuring the safety of our passengers and our people is an absolute priority for us. We are also committed to making a contribution to the communities in which we operate and wider society. Reducing the environmental impact of our operations while providing a greener alternative to the private car contributes to the government’s environmental targets. The economic contribution from Go-Ahead helps support economic recovery and longer term prosperity.
Our achievements include:
- first transport group to be awarded Carbon Trust Standard triple accreditation
- 95% in Business in The Community (BITC) Corporate Responsibility index
- Carbon Disclosure Project score C - thanks to achieving our carbon emissions 2018 target ahead of schedule
- to operate our services in a sustainable manner, reduce our environmental impact and be a contributing member of the communities in which we operate
- to maintain high standards of safety, including low numbers of bus and RIDDOR accidents and low levels of SPADs (signals passed at danger)
- to consistently reduce underlying carbon emissions per passenger journey as well as reduce water usage and increase the percentage of waste recycled
- to continue our strategic partnerships with the Transaid and Railway Children charities, seeking to optimise the relationships with both partners
- to implement a measurement system for our community investment activities using the LBG (London Benchmarking Group) model
“Go-Ahead has a well-deserved reputation as one of the best-performing businesses in the passenger transport sector when it comes to operational sustainability. By achieving independent certification to the Carbon Trust Standard for reductions in carbon, water and waste, Go-Ahead is able to demonstrate year-on-year progress in meeting its environmental goals.” Carbon Trust